Back in November, I participated in an amazing workshop held by Californian photographer Jose Villa down in Mexico.
I had gone south in search of restoration after a hectic wedding season, and inspiration for the one ahead of me. When I left the Hacienda El Carmen five days later, my heart, mind and creative soul were overwhelmed by the week I had just experienced.
Jose and his team delivered on all fronts and then some. It should come as no surprise given the calibre of work he delivers consistently, and which continues to inspire photographers such as myself and my fellow workshop attendees.
Jose brought together an amazing group of talented artists who all inspired me in their own way and taught me about defining my own voice as an artist. To them I will always be grateful!
This year marks 10 years since I picked up my first film SLR camera. This workshop was for me a deliberate moment to rediscover what started this journey for me, and where I want to go with it.
We had the opportunity to photograph both an Engagement Session and a Wedding Session with some beautiful Mexican models styled by industry professionals who are credited at the end of this post.
Here are some of my favourites:
Guest Speaker: Jill La Fleur
Wedding Dresses: Claire Pettibone
Hair and Makeup: Mar from TEAM Hair and Makeup
Fashion Stylist: Matthew Johns
Head Pieces for wedding sessions: Oh My Deer
Workshop Location: Hacienda El Carmen
Workshop Co-ordinator: Lacie Hansen
Richard Photo Lab: http://www.richardphotolab.com/
Cypress Albums: http://www.cypressalbums.com/













No comments:
Post a Comment