Welcome to KIM ING Photography's BLOG!

I am a photographer based in Ottawa, Ontario specializing in Wedding Photography and Lifestyle Portraiture.
Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers,

Kim


Saturday, January 1, 2011

It was quite a year...

 

Soundtrack: "Just Like Heaven" by Katie Malua

What a year!  Putting this collection of images together as 2010 drew to a close really brought the year into perspective for me.  

I have the best clients.  I know that everyone says this, but I really do.  

I came across an Epson ad running in magazines right now which might describe a day at the office for a wedding photographer: 

"You tune out traffic and tourists.  Keep one eye on a 5-foot long train. Dodge videographers and Hotdog carts. Charm well-meaning moms.  Corral 11 rowdy groomsmen. And 10 excited bridesmaids.  Just to get one shot. "

In all of the unique challenges one might face on a Wedding Day or in the days leading up to it I have had the great fortune of never encountering a Bride-zilla.  In fact, I have experienced quite the contrary.  Brides who laugh at the rain & tuxedo mishaps, shrug off car accidents and essentially just roll with the punches.  And for this, I really do love you ladies (and the gents who are holding your hands throughout)!  : ) 

Perhaps there is something to be said about working with good friends.  Many of the couples I've photographed have been some of my friends, but the cherry on top is when clients become friends.  

There is also an incredible sense of camaraderie amongst the folks working within the Ottawa Wedding industry.  Planners, fellow photographers, venue managers, videographers, caterers, florists, salons etc...(the list is long) are all reaching out to each other to create an awesome community of professionals which is so great to be part of.  A big thank you to all my fellow vendors who have made this past year better, easier and just more fun on a daily basis.  Especially to those who have inspired me and reminded me I'm not alone in what I do!  : )

It might go without saying that I could not have survived the season without the support of my do-it-all assistant Cat who all the while was planning her own wedding this winter!  You are awesome for so many obvious reasons, but even more so for the little things...

To all my brides & grooms, your families & friends:  Thank you so much for your humour & trust,   friendship & ongoing support.   

To my own family and friends:  I know I'm a lucky girl xoxo

It was quite a year...

Kim xo












No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...