Welcome to KIM ING Photography's BLOG!

I am a photographer based in Ottawa, Ontario specializing in Wedding Photography and Lifestyle Portraiture.
Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers,

Kim


Friday, March 8, 2013

Wed By Hand 2013


Wed By Hand is by far one of my favourite events in Ottawa! Last month the show celebrated its fourth year, at the beautiful Glebe Community Centre , and it 'twas a huge success indeed! 

This year, KIM ING Photography was fortunate to participate in the show as a sponsor, and I am so happy to hear that our donation helped to raise hundreds of dollars for 
For more information on this great cause and how to make a donation, please check out their site:

A special thanks to Andrea and the amazing team of WBH volunteers who so awesomely manned the raffle table throughout the day!


(Top) Copies of sponsor Ottawa Wedding Magazine 's latest issue were up for grabs!
(L) The raffle table was packed to the brim with generous donations from so many amazing local vendors!
(R) Just a taste of the beautiful made-by-hand event decor that filled the venue!

Below (right) in black is the radiant Amy of Splendid Events who sponsored the event!


Just a few members of the incredible Wed By Hand team led by show founders Krista and Robin (seen below).  It has been amazing watching this show grow over the years to become the immensely popular annual event that it is.

Krista, Robin and Amy are also the awesome behind Ottawa's Urban Craft Market which starts this Sunday at the GCC .  Admission is FREE! I truly feel that Ottawa is lucky to have such passionate, creative and kind people who are all about community and supporting local artists & vendors!  THANK YOU all for doing what you do, so well!

 Can't lie...one of the best parts of wedding shows is sampling all the yumminess provided by food vendors!  Loved the macaron I tasted at Hearty Bakery's stand!


 The Sparrow Floral Design table was overflowing with vintage eye-candy!


Meet my friend Natalie (below right) of  The Sugar Post.  Her stunning display of decor and rentals was styled by none other than Catalina Bloch.  The eye-catching floral display was created by Michelle VandenBosch.


The Sugar Post rentals could be found throughout the venue!


One of my favourite Ottawa make-up artists, Sarah Walsh,  has expanded her artistic talents into the world of jewelry design with Sarah Walsh Bridal.  Sarah's jewelry and couture fascinators can now be found in boutiques around the world!  It was so great crossing paths with her again at the show!


Another one of our favourite people is Danielle of Six Modern Paper Goods who had all of her paper goodies on display at the front of the house!


Yet another always friendly face is awesome officiant Alan Viau who presented a workshop on wedding ceremonies to a full house!


I got to meet THE Michael of michaelsdolce!


Some of the unique pieces on display from Salvage Jewelry Co.

One of Ottawa's go-to shops for cufflinks and all things manly, Stroked Ego, made their first appearance at WBH!


I got to meet fellow photog, Emilie Iggiotti, from Montreal who's an absolute sweetheart!

Show sponsor The Upkeep Shoppe was putting on the polish for guests with mini-manicures!


I briefly got to meet Vincent, the man behind Everlovin' Press, before things picked up!

 One of my favourite discoveries from this year's wedding show season was Play I Do (above right) who were also with us at The Ottawa Bridal Party the previous weekend.  Craig and RenĂ©e are an absolute riot and ridiculously talented!  Be sure to check them out!

I don't know how she does it all, but WBH co-founder Krista is also the creator of Urbanite Jewelry! To see all this prettiness in person, don't miss the Urban Craft Market this weekend!


 Thyme & Again caters weddings!?  Yes, please!


I loved the vintage cake topper at Pieces of Love Vintage Rentals...old school!


More yumminess to be found at  Carolina's Box of Goodness


Another show highlight for me was meeting Rachael & Aaron of  Blisscraft & Brazen who trekked it all the way to Ottawa from their cozy home in the Laurentian mountains! And I'm so glad they did...I just love everything they do!  They are true artists and beautiful people!




A new idea to hit my fashion radar were the unique handmade boutonnieres from Piece of Peace


I've been admiring the work of Montreal based Tartine Paperie for some time now, so it was wonderful to see their work up close and personal!


Have you tried the truffles from Koko chocolates yet?  My sample had cognac in it.  They had me at cognac, but the chocolate is also divine!


Finally got to meet the ladies of Amy + Jen Decor (another one I missed at The Ottawa Bridal Party)!  I know it seems I'm stating the obvious here, but below is Amy (right) and Jen (left)



So wonderful to see my friend Wendy from the Urban Baking Co. who provided beautiful baked goodies for A+J's booth!

Believe it or not, my wicked chatterbox skills once again slowed me down and I was unable to visit with ALL the amazing vendors before the end of the show! Thankfully, there's always next year which I look forward to eagerly!  

In the meantime, if you love to shop local and support artisans from the Ottawa area, please be sure to check out the Urban Craft Market throughout this year!

Wishing everyone a very happy weekend!

Kim xo

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...