Hi...My name is Kim...And I am the World's Worst Blogger.I started this Blog with great intentions of regular updates and such, but little did I know what a trip I was in for these past 5 months following the Bridal Show. Trip can be taken quite literally in this case as when I wasn't busy holding things down here in Ottawa, I could be found in NYC, Vancouver, Whistler, San Francisco, Yosemite, Toronto, Montréal or most recently Las Vegas.
What a trip indeed! Not to worry, there was no fear or loathing going on in LV. In fact, I would say much of the opposite occurred. I was in 'Sin City' this past week for one of the largest Photography Conventions in the world, learning from contemporary Masters of the Photographic Arts about everything from lighting, to schmoozing, to editing workflow.
The MGM Grand, Conference location
My Castle for 4 nights...
The Strip!
Shop Talk aside, it proved to be quite an inspiring experience on a level I never expected to find in a conference room. I was reminded that there is a way for me to go beyond the visual surface value of my profession, to truly make a connection with people and reach them through this medium that I was beginning to fear was becoming all too superficial.It is not easy in a world where 'everyone' is a photographer, where we are constantly being bombarded with visual stimulation, to first of all set yourself apart, and secondly, create work that...matters. I am grateful to have found a new perspective on photography, and am really excited to put all of this into practice beginning today.
I am so fortunate to have met with so many wonderful couples these past 5 months. This summer is gearing up to be an awesome one with no shortage on variety of location for these weddings! From Billings Estate to Lago, and the Château Laurier to the Museum of Civilization...I am giddy about the dynamic range of image prospects there are for each and every one of these events! Not to mention the couples themselves who are so unique and inspiring in their individual love stories...
Speaking of which, this past christmas I had the honour of photographing no less than 4 weddings and I'm pleased to announce that you can view some of these events on my brand new website @ www.kimingphotography.com
Hopefully this update has made up for some lost time, and the next blog posting is not far behind! Promise-ish!
Love,
Kim

No comments:
Post a Comment