Welcome to KIM ING Photography's BLOG!

I am a photographer based in Ottawa, Ontario specializing in Wedding Photography and Lifestyle Portraiture.
Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers,

Kim


Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thimble Cakes


One of the great things about the weather warming up are random walks around the neighbourhood which lead to the discovery of great new businesses.  This is how I came across Thimble Cakes.


 Open since January of this year, Thimble Cakes specializes in cupcakes that cater to various dietary restrictions.  Those on gluten free, sugar free, egg/dairy free & nut free diets can all find a little piece of heaven at this great little shop located on Bank Street (next to Herb and Spice).   


 As cupcakes have taken the wedding world by storm over the past few years, I thought it would be great to introduce my clients to this fine new business.  Thimble cakes also creates wonderfully whimsical wedding cakes made with mostly local and organic ingredients.


For those who are able to indulge freely, traditional filled with butter cakes are always on the menu as well!  Anyone working on a different kind of diet can also enjoy a miniature cupcake...or two! 


The Thimble Cakes Cupcakery cafĂ© is a cozy little place to enjoy a nice coffee or chai.  I was naturally drawn to the vintage aesthetic of the space.

 

Homemade ice cream will soon be added to the menu as well!


If you find yourselves in centretown Ottawa this summer, be sure to pop into Thimble Cakes and have a chat with owner Wendy who is as sweet as her delicious creations!


Thimble Cakes
369 Bank Street
613-695-0109

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I found this post while writing my own ThimbleCakes review. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Nice to 'meet you' and I love your blog!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...