Who doesn't love New York? No number of Hollywood films or music videos could ever truly prepare one for the charm and energy of this great city. I enjoy it so much that I returned twice last year for my only two trips abroad in 2010.
 |
| Brooklyn Bridge at sunset |
 |
| Manhattan skyline view from the Brooklyn Bridge |
 |
George Washington on Wall Street
|
These images are from my first trip back last May when I played tourist with a group of friends. It was my third time in NYC and shamefully the 1st time I brought an SLR-camera with me.
Nothing really off the beaten-path here, but I hope it can inspire those of you who have yet to experience NY first hand to book that trip sooner than later!
 |
| A sampling of architectural styles |
 |
| New York Public Library |
 |
| Lady Liberty |
 |
| Rebuilding at Ground Zero |
 |
| 'Letterman' on Wall Street |
 |
| View from Empire State |
 |
| Hustle & bustle at the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue |
 |
| Central Park |
 |
| View from Empire State |
 |
| Greenwich Village |
 |
| New York Public Library |
If I have learned anything from my past adventures to this city that never sleeps, it is that you cannot do it all in one trip. Somehow, that is part of the beauty of it...you just have to keep going back! I guarantee that no two visits will be the same.
I now know how to choose my battles wisely, love the Metro, strike up conversations with the friendly locals and most of all save time for the unexpected!
Yeah...I'm in a New York state of mind...
Kim
Pin It
No comments:
Post a Comment