Welcome to KIM ING Photography's BLOG!

I am a photographer based in Ottawa, Ontario specializing in Wedding Photography and Lifestyle Portraiture.
Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers,

Kim


Thursday, May 17, 2012

Maja & Mike's Late Summer Love Fest

Mike is yet another old friend from my seventh grade English class.  A few years back at a mutual friend's wedding I was shooting, I met his sweetie Maja.  Before the night was out, I gave him a big hug and told him "She's a keeper!".  With a wink and a huge smile he replied "I'm working on it!".  I was absolutely thrilled when they announced their engagement less than a year later and I received the highest form of compliment when Maja told me their wedding date was pending on my availability the following summer!

We had a ball of a time capturing the spark between them during their Engagement Session and anxiously awaited the big day fifteen months later.  Maja & Mike's summer wedding last August was nothing short of perfect. 

The day started with the girls at Texture Hair Salon on Dalhousie Street for hair and make-up.  Sarah and Natalie did an amazing job...Maja looked just flawless.  My second shooter Cat met up with the boys at Mike's parents house.  Check out the groom's tux by Calvin Klein!


Next stop was the Southway Inn where the girls got dressed.  Maja picked up her gorgeous Romona Keveza gown at Mia Bridal and her lovely birdcage veil from Coco Rose Couture on Etsy








Seeing her grand daughter as a bride was an emotional moment for Maja's grandmother. I adored Maja's ballet slipper inspired wedding shoes by BCBG!
Maja's father Tarik is awesome.  So awesome that we're now 'friends' on Facebook! ; )

The top image in this series came only moments after Mike's cellphone alarm went off during his own vows.  The cause of this most memorable incident?  A self-reminder to 'bring Kim a cheque' from the previous day.  True Story. 
The girls wore beautiful seaside blue dresses by Ann TaylorSo pretty!  The wedding and reception venue Orchard View did a fantastic job with the floral bouquets as well. 

Loving the back detailing on Maja's Romona Keveza gown! 
It's so easy with these two...they've just GOT it!
Maja & Mike love comics and had their Save The Dates illustrated by the comic book artist Tom Fowler.  Such a neat and personalized memento!  They tied the comic book element into their wedding via the cake topper!  The yummy blue cupcakes (keeping with their colour palette!) came all the way from Clever Cupcakes in Montreal. 

A heartfelt 'Thank You' to Mike and Maja for choosing me to capture their engagement and most special day of celebration surrounded by family and friends!  I'm looking forward to receiving the call once that circle starts to grow! : )

Happy Long Weekend my friends!

Kim xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...