Welcome to KIM ING Photography's BLOG!

I am a photographer based in Ottawa, Ontario specializing in Wedding Photography and Lifestyle Portraiture.
Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers,

Kim


Thursday, September 19, 2013

Elena & Sam: True Love and Luxury at the Chateau Laurier, Ottawa ON


Where do I begin to tell you the story about Sam and Elena's wedding?  

Elena and I met many moons ago back in High School on an exchange trip to Italy.  
Her mom Marisa was one of our chaperones, and I can still recall a moment at the 
Trevi Fountain when she recounted the time she had stood in front of that very fountain and wished upon a coin that her love would become her husband.   
Well, Marisa got her wish and was married to Elena's dad Sal in the Ballroom of the 
Fairmont Chateau Laurier on July 7, 1979.  33 years later, history would have their daughter marrying her Salvatore in the very same Ballroom !

Here's a look back on a day for the books:


One of the highlights of my day was taking portraits inside the Chateau's signature Karsh Suite 
(where renowned Canadian photographer Yousuf Karsh once lived).  Such a treat!

I started off the day at Sam's parents place where the boys were getting ready:


Salvatore Ferragamo cufflinks for Salvatore ; )


Hello handsome!


If you had told me 14 years ago (at the beginning of my photography path) that I would one day 
be the photographer at Elena's wedding (and at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier, no less)...
I would surely have laughed.  But when Sam finally popped the question (at the iconic Delano Hotel in South Beach, Miami!), Marisa remembered Kim (who loved photography) from all those years ago and suggested Elena get in touch for the wedding!  


 Elena was stunning in her beautiful lace gown from European design house Pronovias


Little Tigger was all dressed up for the occasion too!


Beautiful decor by Details Ottawa


Elena's beautiful bouquet from Ottawa Flowers


Bridal shoes from the one and only Christian Louboutin Wedding Collection


I feel so fortunate that both families trusted and welcomed me with open arms last September.  The importance and value of these milestone celebrations and the images we are left with to hold on to the memories became too apparent over the course of this past year.  Elena would lose two close family members who had attended the wedding, within months of that special day.  


One of the images I took of Elena's grandfather during her wedding ceremony was used at
his memorial. I had singled him out of the crowd, not only because he was a grandparent, but because he was beaming with pure pride and joy that day. He had a twinkle in his eye and was always smiling for me...even at 11pm! Simply unforgettable... 



The Blessed Sacrament Parish in the Glebe hosted the ceremony


Both mom and dad walked the bride down the aisle


The girls were all smiles as the rings went on!


Post-Ceremony, we headed to the Chateau for portraits on the terrace


Classic beauty in B&W


The lovely bridesmaids wore the Pippa gown by Jim Hjelm from Mia Bridal


The breathtaking bride...


Sylvain and Caroline of Reno Video were a pleasure to shoot alongside throughout the day!


La Famiglia


I was like a kid in a candy store when I discovered The Karsh Suite (a complete surprise!).  
Apparently Nelson Mandela has stayed there before. 


Oh, The Karsh Suite...


Some quiet time before the party...


Eugenia from Details Ottawa did an amazing job in the Ballroom!


Nothing beats live music, and Showtime Party Band are amongst the best in the city!


The Wedding Cake with lace detailing was made by Denis Cakes.  
Elena had a cake topper (a mini Delano Hotel) custom made in honour of the site of their engagement.


For their first dance, Elena and Sam took to the dance floor with 'I won't Give Up' by Jason Mraz


It was truly an honour to be the one to capture such a spectacular occasion full of family, beauty 
and love. Not to mention fun times on the dance floor.  
Special thanks to my assistant Jade! 

The lucky lovers spent their honeymoon on the Cote D'Azur in France
with stops in Juan-les-Pins and St.Tropez!

Sam & Elena...grazie per tutto! 

Kim xo

If you have not yet seen the beautiful feature of this wedding by WedLuxe Magazine, be sure 
to check it out here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...