Welcome to KIM ING Photography's BLOG!

I am a photographer based in Ottawa, Ontario specializing in Wedding Photography and Lifestyle Portraiture.
Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers,

Kim


Tuesday, May 28, 2013

An Instagram contest for the Arts #GoBillings


I love my city.  
I realize I'm probably biased as I was born and raised in Ottawa, Ontario, 
but I think she's a beauty.  So much so that I often feel compelled to stop and capture 
what's in front of me.

I had resisted purchasing a smart phone for some time, but finally caved last February 
and picked up the iPhone 4S. I'm so glad I did, if for no other reason than having a 'camera' at 
arms length, at all times.  Over the past year I captured over 1000 images that I would have 
otherwise not taken...moments and memories that might otherwise have gone lost and forgotten.  


This past weekend, Billing Bridge Shopping Cenre hosted a contest in search of Ottawa's Greatest Mobile Photographer hosted by Black's Photography.  


All we had to do to participate was take mobile photos and post them on Instagram using #GoBillings to enter!  It was great fun and had me on my toes all weekend looking for fun shots 
to enter.  

The judges have already made their winning choice, but will be awarding prizes to finalists all week based on the People's Choice!  You can submit your votes for your favourite 
Ottawa Mobile Photographer here
Check out #GoBillings online for all entries to the contest.  

I already feel like a winner because on Saturday afternoon, Billing Bridge hosted a 
Spin to Win Instagram Party with live entertainment and refreshments!  My partner in crime @chagjon and I stopped by and found a couple of my shots had made the print wall!  
We were lucky enough to Spin the Wheel and won gift cards to the mall as well as an 
Instagram cookie provided by The Flour Shoppe! (Below: bottom right)


What appealed to me the most about this contest was that it was in support of the 
Ottawa School of Art (where I have taken life drawing classes in the past when I was preparing my portfolio).  In all, the Billings Bridge team raised $5000 in support of the OSA!

Congratulations to Billings' Marketing Director Greta Bloskie and the team at 
Starfish Creative Events (whom we worked with on the Barbie Turns 50 event) 
for yet another great campaign!  

There's a special place in my heart for Billings Bridge as it was my neighbourhood 
shopping centre growing up!  It is amazing to see how it has evolved and moved with the times 
but still remains a friendly place to shop!

I'm excited to see what the future has in store for Billings as the mall prepares for the Fall 2013 opening of the first Target location in Ottawa! 

In the meantime, I will continue to share my adventures around Ottawa and abroad 
on Instagram so be sure to follow me here:


Happy snapping!

Kim xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...