Today is Karen and Al's First Wedding Anniversary!
It's hard to believe it has already been a year since we captured this awesome, fun-loving day!
I was super impressed by all the thought and organization that went into the finer details of this 1940's themed wedding. From the 40's costumes, to the beautiful vintage car, and even the well planned out photo locations (bonus!)...such a photographer's dream to shoot!
Check it out:
Karen crafted her own brooch bouquet full of personal touches, including a guitar representing her son Ben (above: right) who is a talented musician.
Her girls carried bouquets from the Stoneblossom Floral Gallery
Good friends of the couple gave them the stellar wedding gift of travelling in style in this beauty!
Before all the fun festivities began, I met up with the wedding party for some portraits in the appropriately selected Canada Hall within the Canadian Museum of Civilization . It almost felt like I was shooting on a film set!
The wedding party was decked out in vintage dresses and uniforms from a variety of costume shops, antique stores and vintage sales, including Ragtime Vintage Clothing in Ottawa and
Black Market Vintage in Toronto.
One of Karen's favourite moments of the day was when a group of tourists stopped to photograph the couple alongside me paparazzi style! They continued the celebrity treatment by jumping in to have their photos taken with Karen and Al!
I loved the moody lighting! Don't these lovelies look like they're from another era?
Handsome lads! Costumes came all the way from The History Bunker and What Price Glory
Karen's 'do and makeup were styled by Alison Espinoza of Bombshell Hair Design
I relished the opportunity to photograph details like this! So much fun!
Karen and Al's grand-daughter Autumn...too adorable for words in her tiny sailor's dress!
Seriously: coolest grandparents. ever.
Of course, cool cats like this must have cool friends! All of the guests arrived dressed up to the nines in vintage themed attired! How cool right? Have I said cool yet?!
I got a little snap happy! ; )
The main events of the day played out at the Canadian War Museum (where else?!)
A piper led the entire group of guests from the lobby through to the Regeneration Hall where a friend performed the touching wedding ceremony.
The party continued into the night in the LeBreton Gallery
Karen's awesome Matron of Honour Michelle put together all the DIY table decor
Each place card had a great little anecdote about each guest, including mine!
{please note: the above image was taken on an iPhone! ; ) }
I couldn't get over how great some of the guests costumes were! It sure helps to have friends in theatre!
The newlyweds kickstarted the party on the dance floor with a choreographed Swing number to 'Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Comapany B' by the Andrews Sisters
What a fantastic day! I feel so lucky to have been part of this unique wedding experience.
Huge thanks to Karen and Al for entrusting me with their memories of this special day!
Happy Anniversary you two...here's to so many more!
Kim xo


















No comments:
Post a Comment